Tonight the moon looked especially big. It hasn’t looked this big to people on earth for 18 years. There are scientific reasons for this. My husband explained it all to me. He’s a scientific guy.
It started my husband and I thinking. We’ve discussed the very same issues for years and years. We always come up with different ideas.It’s always fun to speculate, but who really knows?
Do you ever wonder?
1. How did we get here?
2. Where are we going when our lives are over?
3. Do we really go anywhere, or is it just over when it’s over?
4. Why do we consider the moon and stars so beautiful?
5. Is there life on other planets? It would be silly to think there isn’t in the large universe.
6. Have there been other places like the earth that self-destructed? Have we been here before?
7. Do we have a spirit that turns into something else?
8. Is there any sense to all the religions of the world? Or are they just people’s ways of coping with their eventual demise?
9. Is there a creator?
10. Could all this just be an accident?
I’m sure I might get a reply from a religious fanatic, or someone who is certain they know the answer.
But nobody can really know. Even if you’ve been revived from death, you can’t know if your experience was real, or just some trick you’re brain was playing on you.
By the way, my husband and I will be married for 39 years today. Isn’t it nice that we can still want to wonder together? Isn’t it nice we’re still in love?
- Super Moon 2012 (zazenlife.com)
- Under a Supermoon (candlelightchats.wordpress.com)
- Day 163 – Moon At Its Closest (ianspagnolo.com)
- Super Moon (afterburndotme.wordpress.com)
- Another Hyped-up Full Moon (siderealmuse.wordpress.com)
- Supermoon Rising Tonight (romickinoakley.wordpress.com)