1. I realize possessions don’t have much meaning. Jewelry, furniture, clothes, new this and that. It doesn’t do it for me any more
2. I realize my looks don’t matter that much. There’s only so much you can do with a 60+ body and face.
3. I realize what’s important is family and friends.
4. I get to enjoy my children as adults. Now, they are friends. They don’t need me any more, except for emotional support.
5. I’m not worried about what I’m going to do when I grow up.
6. I am more financially secure.
7. I have the wisdom of past experience to guide and advice myself and others.
8. I get senior discounts at Tim Horton, Wendy’s, and the movies.
9. People will readily open doors for me if I have an armful of library books, or am having similar type trouble.
10. I sat down in a crowded metro in Washington D.C. and nobody gave me dirty looks.
- Top 10 reasons I don’t like being older (joyat60.wordpress.com)
- A Fresh One Every Twenty Minutes By: Randy Blackmore (hoping4astory.wordpress.com)