It’s my cooking grandson
1. Most little ones do not want to take time off of their fun day to sleep.
2. Nature delights them: chirping birds, squirrels, dogs, and cats.
3. Physical pain is easily healed with hugs and kisses.
4. As far as they know, fanciful characters on TV are real friends. Example (Thomas the Train).
5. They can greet you with smiles and hugs.
6. Running and kicking a ball can put a big smile on their faces.
7. The finest food is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
8. A brownie qualifies as a surprise. It’s extra special if they stir the batter.
9. Playing with a flashlight fascinates them.
10. As far as they know, the world is a beautiful, friendly and heavenly place.
Why do you like to hang out with your grandchildren or nieces and nephews?
Only 3 more months until he’s not a baby anymore! He is still happy, and knows us when we come in the door.
His Dad’s birthday is tomorrow, so we got to watch him while they went out to dinner.
My daughter got dressed up in a pretty blue dress. She wore her high heels, and she looked as pretty as her dress. ( I had a flashback to me and my high heels and long legs. Oh well, nothing lasts forever.)
The baby was pretty happy on the floor looking at his toys. He scoots around and goes after what he wants. No real crawling yet. I’m trying to remember when my children crawled, but I haven’t a clue. I think he’s right on schedule .
I did tell my grandson “Prince George took his first crawl last week, and he’s a month younger than you.” He didn’t seem to care.
He got tired during his nightly beverage and fell asleep on my shoulder. I know my days like this are really numbered. There is nothing sweeter than a little warm human baby snuggling on your shoulder. It really makes me feel needed. Don’t we all like to feel this way?
It’s funny, with your own kids you can’t wait for them to get a little older and independent. (Especially when you have 3 in 5 years.) With this child, I am savoring every minute.
I guess that’s another difference between parenting and grandparenting.