Cell phones and smart phones are really fun. I rely on my cell phone as much as anyone else. The only reason I haven’t gotten a smart phone yet is because I don’t want to pay the extra dollars for it. I am also afraid I will become one of those people who I am complaining about in this post. Constantly looking down at my phone, or using it when it’s really inappropriate. I think it’s rude when people prefer their phone to me. .
Here are 10 places I wish people wouldn’t use their phones
1. Movie theater: I am there to enjoy the movie. I find the light from your phone very
distracting. If you want to stay in your own little world, stay home, rent a video and don’t
put on your freaking phone. There is a reason they run that cute little feature before the movie starts about keeping your phone shut off!
2. Dressing room: Don’t talk on your phone in the next dressing room over when I am trying on clothes. It is depressing enough for me to be looking at myself in the full-length murder. It is annoying to be taking off my shoes, pulling up pants that don’t really fit me, and getting frustrated with the price of everything. I don’t need to hear your personal conversations. I don’t want to hear your arguing with someone on the phone or discussing a matter that requires professional counseling.
3. Gym: This is especially directed to personal trainers or class instructors. . I may be old, but I’m not stupid. I see you with that phone that you think is hidden, playing games, or checking your email. (while I’m working my fanny off.).
4. Restaurants: When I am enjoying a meal I paid for I don’t need to hear you talking in 3 volumes up to someone.
5. Traffic: Don’t talk on your phone while driving. People are really risking getting in an accident. Don’t text. Everyone knows this by now, but they still do it.
6. Nature path : When I am walking in the woods by myself, the last thing I want to hear is somebody yelling on top of their lungs on their phone. I prefer the sounds of the birds and the wind rusting the leaves of the trees.
7. Library: I used to like to go to the library to browse and get some peace and quiet. Now, people are allowed to talk on their phones, and I can’t do a thing about it.
8. Public Restrooms: Can’t I even do “my business: in peace. Can’t you wait until you’ve flushed the toilet?
9. Play or live concert: I can’t believe the amount of phones that appear in the dark at these events where I’m paying big bucks.
10. Looking for a tenth one. Any suggestions? Comments would be appreciated.
I know I might as well get used to it because things aren’t going to change any time soon. People have to be constantly entertained. It almost seems like they’re afraid to be alone, even for a few minutes. That’s life in the 21st century. What do you think? Agree or disagree?
- Inmate Pleads Guilty to Possessing Cell Phone during Prison Affair (gantdaily.com)
- Where can I get a wired cell phone speaker? (ask.metafilter.com)