1. You are patient, kind, and love children. You find them fascinating and fun.
2. You have a strong marriage or relationship and want to share your happiness by having children.
If you’re single, independent and secure, that may work too. (I’d like to hear from you if you’ve accomplished that.)
3. You are a mature adult, and can put yourself second to others. It is amazing how you can have room to love your children. It’s a great feeling, natures’ way of putting you lower on the totem pole.
4. You like to get on the floor and play. It doesn’t hurt if you like play-doh, paint, and all that fun stuff. How about those little people toys?
5. You like fun activities like going out to the zoo, dressing up, and watching plays.( Ones they put on), There’s nothing like seeing activities through a child’s eyes for the first time. How about the surprise and delight when they get on that merry-go-round for the first time? It’s like being a child yourself….all over again.
6, You aren’t having a child to recreate your life. They are not there to give you a second chance at athletics, academics, or a social life. (Please don’t yell at your kid when they’re playing sports.)
7.You don’t care about having the best clothes, vacations, etc. Unless you are wealthy, of course!
8. You don’t mind tending the sick occasionally. It comes with the job description. Have a relief person when you get sick yourself.
9. You don’t mind being a disciplinarian. It is necessary. It’s the hardest part about being a parent.
10. Be prepared for your heart to break when they get more independent, and would rather spend time with their peers. You’re only a hero to them for part of the time.( When they get older and realize your human too, it’s always a little sad. )
Was I good at all these things? I would have to say no. . My report card would show I had weaknesses and strengths, like anyone. But, these are conclusions I came to when all was said and done.
Maybe it can help you.
Anything to add? Disagreements? Please comment!
- Hey Hey, It’s National Play-Doh Day! (bellasugar.com)
- 8 Things To Know About Dating An Only Child (howaboutwe.com)
- How to Teach Your Child Organization (housewifesutopia.com)