These suggestions are taken from my experience. It’s easier said than done, but I think these are some good suggestions.
- Make your children your #1 priority. Don’t worry about your job outside of the home. It’s not as important as they are. Take a lot of vacations together.
2. Don’t be afraid to praise them. Let them know when they do something wonderful.
3. Don’t spank or hit them. It never works.
4. Don’t spoil them. Let them give away stuff they don’t want anymore.
5. Go to their sporting events, but don’t criticize them, or embarrass them. You’re not your child!
6 When someone complains about your child’s behavior, don’t automatically take your child’s side. (Especially when it’s a teacher.)
7. Stay out of their conflicts. (Unless your child’s physical well-being is being threatened).
8. Give them responsibility. Everyone one wants it, but not everyone gets it.
9. Don’t tell them what to be when they grow up.
10. Tell them you love them often. Freely hug and kiss them!
Any more to add? What do you think?