1. People with young kids look like teenagers to you.
2. People start addressing you as ma’am or sir.
3. You don’t know who is singing popular songs on the radio.
4. You don’t know that oldies are oldies and not the latest songs.
5. Your son turns to you and says, “You’re old.”
6. You’re daughter informs you that it’s time to get your hearing checked.
7. You have to dye your hair every 4 weeks instead of every 6.
8. You go to a museum, and notice you have to sit down by the time you walk from the car to the door of the museum. After finishing the first floor, you have to sit down again.
9. You don’t mind traveling in a car instead of taking an airplane because you’re no longer in a big hurry.
10. You go to a plastic surgeon about your sinking eyelids, and she says, “I’m surprised you waited so long.”
When did you realize your were getting older?
- Awesome # 154: Oldies (jodieawesome.wordpress.com)
- Same old song (economist.com)
- Consider eyelid plastic surgery, says surgeon (mya.co.uk)
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Got Botox (narcissista.me)
- Modern music really does sound the same (telegraph.co.uk)