1. Making fun or insulting others to get a laugh. (Don Rickles, Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin, Bill Mahr, Steven Colbert and most comedians. We laugh with them at people.)
At first, I included Jon Stewart, but after thinking it over I decided his humor is not mean-spirited. I like the way he gets his point across. He reminds me of an intellectual Johnny Carson.
Some people carry this line of comedy into real life towards real people. Insulting other is not nice or funny.
2. Believing that you are superior to everyone. (Donald Trump, Carl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, etc.)
3. Not listening to anyone else.( Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity.)
4. Talking only about yourself. (Donald Trump)
5. Being rude to hard-working people in stores and restaurants. There’s plenty of ordinary people who do that. It’s really pathetic behavior, and if you do it, stop it immediately!
6. Driving drunk or drugged up. (Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton)
7. Saying things that you know will embarrass others.(Donald Trump, Joan Rivers)
8. Calling people childish names, like pig. (Donald Trump). Name calling in general is a no no.
9. Looking at the bad side of life. Fox channel, CNN Channel, Local News, Reality Shows, The Khardashians, Dr. Drew, Dr. Phil, Prison reality type shows, Serial Killer Documentaries, television in general)
10. Being a home wrecker, and speaking ill of the dead. (Rielle Hunter)
As I was writing this, I wondered why those people are famous? What’s even sadder is that they are rich too. Some of them, like Mr. Trump, have stars embedded in cement.
I am interested enough to read all the gossip magazines, watch reality shows and mention these people.
I do not like it when I am the target of humor that is directed at me. Especially humor that makes fun of my weaknesses. (I have plenty.)
Maybe we need some better role models.When did things change? Where should we draw the line? Which of these people offend, and which don’t. Do you agree or disagree with me?
The fact is that we like controversial people. Go figure?
- The Donald Trump Insult Quiz (thedailybeast.com)
- Donald Trump to Be a Grandfather Again (celebs.gather.com)
- Getting Down to Business – Donald Trump and Debbie Gibson Talk Celebrity Apprentice (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- Jon Stewart thanks the Comedy Gods for Trump’s return (rawstory.com)
- Late Night: For Jon Stewart, Trump a gift from the comedy gods (latimesblogs.latimes.com)